Skip to main content

Pastel Galaxy Nails


Hello everyone! My nail art challenge for April 28th was to do a galaxy nail design, but I figured, since it's spring, why not give this design a bit of a twist. I headed off to Pinterest and came across a pastel galaxy! This is perfect for spring and I thought I’d give it a go.

The polishes I used were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Pink Blink” (#205), “Lively Lilac” (#420), “Man-go Team!” (#30), “Blue-Away” (#425), and “Jade Jump” (#450), and Sally Hansen’s Triple Shine shade “Twinkled Pink” (#310). For this design you will need a clean makeup sponge as well.

I started out with my bright pink base color and let that dry. On a makeup sponge I painted one color with my purple and patted the excess polish off of the sponge onto a piece of paper. This is the most important step to ensure you get the galaxy effect. I patted on my purple polish in a diagonal line across my nail. Then I did the same thing with all the rest of my colors except instead of doing a line fully across my nail I dotted the colors in random places around the purple line. 

At this point I used a sample of yellow Opi polish that I purchased at Kroger (which I was mad because it was too expensive for the amount I got) and added dots on my nail. The polish is extremely see through and it would have taken forever to see it on my nail if I used a dotter so I ended up using the brush. I recommend that you just use white here because it would be more visible and a lot less annoying. This is optional but it adds a nice touch.

I finished off the design with a glitter top coat and it’s done! I hope you all like this design. If you’d like to see the video tutorial you can see it here. Make sure you follow my Twitter and Instagram to keep updated on what I’m doing. See you guys soon :) BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...