Skip to main content

Braided Nails


Hello everyone! As part of my nail art April challenge I have taken on the task of doing a braided nail design. This is the first time I have ever attempted this, so I’d say that they turned out ok. I did make the mistake of making the pink overlap instead of just touch, but I’ll learn (hopefully).

The polishes I used for this design were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Jade Jump” (#450) and “Pink Blink” (#205), and Essie’s “Good As Gold” (#941). I also used a squared nail art brush and my usual Base + Top Coat.

I started with the color “Jade Jump” as my base and let it fully dry. Next, using my pink polish, I painted a thick, diagonal line coming up from my cuticle all the way towards the middle on my nail. I did the same thing using the gold polish, except coming from the other side, making the two lines crisscross. I continued to crisscross the pink and gold until my whole nail was covered, making sure to leave some of the base color visible. Seal that off with a clear coat and you’re done!

I hope you guys like this design and if you’d like to see AND hear this tutorial make sure you watch the video here. I’m super excited about my video quality going up and I’d appreciate if you watched it. Ombre nails are coming soon… BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...