Skip to main content

Easter Egg Nails


Happy Easter! For this year I decided to go with the classic Easter egg design and a cute glitter accent nail. Stay tuned for how I did it and also some special announcements.

The polishes I used for this design were Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Shades in “Lightening” (#250) and “Pronto Purple” (#360), Xtreme Wear shades in “Green With Envy” (#02) and “White On” (#300), and Orly “Fowl Play” (#20753). I also used Revlon’s Base + Top Coat (#965).

To start off this design I painted all my nails a solid white. Then, using a nail art bush, I painted two horizontal lines in green, spacing them apart so that my nail had three even sections. In between these two lines I painted a zigzag line in purple. To finish off the Easter egg look I added yellow polka dots on the rest of the nail. For the accent nail I used a purple glitter over top of the white (just in case it was sheer I had never used it). Finish everything off with a top coat and you’re done!

I hope you guys like this Easter design. If you’d like to see a video tutorial you can click here. Speaking of videos, my exciting news is that they will be getting way better. I made a new intro and outro for my videos AND I have some new equipment for voice overs!! I’ll make an update video soon so look out for that. That's also why my blog has a different color scheme (just in case you didn't notice). Have a wonderful Easter :D BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...