Skip to main content

NYC “French White Tip” Review


Hello everyone! Sorry this post is a bit later than usual, but my next post isn’t until Monday and I felt bad for making you wait that long. So, I have decided to put up a review for a new polish that I recently bought. I really needed  new one because tbh I don’t like the Sally Hansen one I’m using right now. I know I use it a lot, but that’s only because I don’t have any other ones and I always forget to buy a new one. The Xtreme Wear one that I use just dries up too quickly and gets all thick and gooey. Anyway, when I was visiting our new Walmart I saw this polish and decided to try it out.

The polish I picked up is by NYC (New York Color) in the shade “French White Tip” (#134). The reason I chose this polish is because it was so cheap! The bottle was only 99 cents for 0.45oz so I thought why not just try it out. This polish isn’t top quality, but I wasn’t expecting it to be. The formula is a bit runny, not too horrible though. The biggest issue is it goes on streaky and it takes 2-3 coats to get it opaque. In the above picture I only did 2 coats and you can tell there are some lines in the polish. It dried quickly enough and I figured that since I used this polish under an ombre that the steaks wouldn’t be too big of a deal. It seems to be lasting but I can’t be sure because, again, it’s under other polishes.

Honestly, I’d probably buy this again. Since it is so cheap it is a much better quality than I expected. The bottle is the same size as a normal nail polish bottle and the brush is an ok quality. It could have been so much worse for 99 cents. I’ll give it 3 out of 5 stars. 

Tell me if you have tried this polish before and what your thoughts are in the comments below. Make sure you are following my Instagram to be updated on all my nail designs. I’ll see you on Monday! BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...