Skip to main content

NYC Strip Me Off Base Coat Review


Hello everyone! I just wanted to post a quick review of a new base coat that I have purchased. I bought this at the same time as the white polish by NYC, which I also reviewed, and it was under 2 dollars at Walmart.

So this base coat is a peel off base coat meaning that you don't need any cotton balls or nail polish remover to take off your mani! I love the idea of this and I’ve always wanted to try it. This base coat actually works pretty well. It takes longer to dry than an average clear coat, which is understandable, but it still dries quickly if you use a thin coat. As for peeling it off it came off really easily until I got to the glitter part of my nails. It was a bit tough to peel off the glitter, but I managed to do it and leave nothing behind. Another problem I found with this is that it didn’t spread evenly in some places which created some bubbles.

I’d say for the price that this base coat isn’t bad. It has a few flaws, but essentially it does what it is meant to do, especially when using a solid colored polish. I think the glitter is the only thing that caused trouble, but the one I used was quite old, so that may have affected it. I’d probably buy this polish again though. Sorry this review is late (and short) btw. I’ll see you guys soon. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...