Skip to main content

Double Trouble: Sally Hansen Polish Reviews

Hello everyone and welcome to my double trouble review!! Today I will review two Sally Hansen polishes: Salon Manicure “Red My Lips” (#470) and Miracle Gel “Pink Tank” (#220). These are both new polishes that I have used for my Valentine’s tutorials (look at those if you haven’t) and I will now, very enthusiastically, review them for you.


IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN AT 0.5 FLUID OUNCES, WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL RED POLISH. IT GLIDES SMOOTHLY ONTO THE NAIL AND DRIES VERY QUICKLY. IT IS NOW THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION AGAINST EVERY OTHER RED POLISH IN MY COLLECTION. IT’S ONLY WEAKNESS IS THAT IT MAY TAKE MULTIPLE COATS BEFORE IT GETS ITS TRUE CHARM. IT WILL TAKE A STRONG POLISH TO DEFEAT THIS SHADE. WELCOME... REDDD MYYY LIPPSSSSS!! *crowd cheering*


AND IN THIS CORNER, ALSO WEIGHING IN AT 0.5 FLUID OUNCES, WE HAVE A WONDERFUL HOT PINK SHADE. IT TAKES ONLY ONE COAT FOR THIS POLISH TO SHINE AND SPEED DRYING ISN’T AN ISSUE FOR THIS ONE. DOUBLE TEAMING WITH THE MIRACLE GEL TOP COAT, THIS POLISH COULD BE UNSTOPPABLE. GIVE IT UP FOR PINNKKKK TANNKKKK! *crowd cheers*

ROUND 1…. FIGHT! 

Ok, I’m not going to do this, don’t worry lol. Both of these polishes are wonderful and it was a tough choice. They both dry quickly, both colors are stunning, and they both glide smoothly on the nail. “Red My Lips” took two coats to get the color I wanted (it may pass with one depending on what you want), but the Miracle Gel polish requires the top coat for the full effect anyway; it’s pretty equal. If I had to choose I would pick the red polish, but only because I like the color red for nails better and I think red is a good color for me. It really has nothing to do with the polish quality, but that’s just my preference. Also, side note, the camera won’t do the pink polish justice, so if you want to look at it go find it at a department store and see because it really is quite lovely. I’d recommend both of these polishes if you are a fan of the colors red and pink (or need something for Valentine’s Day). 

Thank you for reading my double trouble review (hopefully it was somewhat helpful). My next Valentine’s Day tutorial will be up on Sunday which would have been themed French tips if my thumb nail hadn’t finally given in and broke. Oh well, it will all work out lol. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...