Skip to main content

Ombre, Lily Manicure

Hey guys! I know it's been a while, but I have had ZERO clue of what designs to do and I've been doing solid colors all summer. However, last night I decided to practice making my own nail stickers and they turned out super well. I went with two types of lilies, white lilies and purple/white lilies, and decided to put them on a two-toned ombre.

For the "stickers" I started with a piece of parchment paper and a clear polish. With the polish I painted 10 rectangles which I would be painting my designs over. I ended up trimming my stickers down to size later so don't worry if the base is a bit too big. After about a minute I began painting my designs over top of the rectangles making sure they weren't too big for my nail beds. I looked at a picture of a lily for reference and then just went for it. I started with the white petals, added the center color, added thin green lines with a nail art brush for stems in the center and finally the brown dots on the stems.

You can do the flowers however you want and you can also make more than just one per nail; whatever suits your fancy. After the designs were dry I did one final layer of clear coat and ended up waiting over night for them to dry (because it was late). When the stickers are ready they will start peeling of the parchment paper on their own and they should be very easy to remove.

As I said I went with an ombre background, using a sponge to apply the colors onto my nails. When the base was dry I put a bit of clear polish on my nail before placing the sticker on so that it would stay in place. I added a few dots around my nail to fill up the space and then added a good layer of top coat over the whole nail for a smooth appearance.

I really like how this look turned out. I hope to do more complex designs in the future using this neat trick. If you have any suggestions let me know. I'm going to put the polishes I used for this design down below and I'll see you "soon" ;)

Nail base - Revlon's Base + Top Coat, Miracle Gel "Get Mod" (#789), Insta-Dri "Jade Jump" (#450) and "Mint Sprint" (#440), Sally Hansen's Dries Instantly Top Coat.

Lilies - Miracle Gel "Get Mod" (#789), Opi Nail Lacquer “Primarily Yellow”, Insta-Dri "Lively Lilac" (#420), "Vigorous Violet" (#365) and "Lickety-Split Lime" (#450), and Finger Paints You’re Kiln Me (#806504). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...