Skip to main content

OOTD: Black and Silver Nails


Hello everyone! My next nail art challenge is an outfit of the day inspired manicure. I tend to wear black and grey everyday so I decided to do an elegant black and silver design, inspired from Pinterest.

The polishes I used for this design were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Black to Black” (#360) and “Silver Sweep” (#230), and Revlon’s Base + Top Coat (#965). I also used a stud from SHANY's Nail Art Decoration Kit and a nail dotter.

To start this design I applied a base coat; since the polish I used was black this step was extra extra important. Then I painted on the black polish on every nail except my ring finger nail. For my ring finger nail I used my silver polish. When my base color was dry I used a big nail dotter to add 3 silver dots towards the tips of the black nails. Using the smaller end of the nail dotter I added small dots around the larger dots. On the accent nail I added a black stud (which was originally gold but I painted it) and secured it with a clear polis. I added a clear coat to all my nails and my mani’s complete.

I hope you all like this design. I got the design from Pinterest, so here’s the original link. I’m going on a trip for 3 days starting on Monday so I’m going to try and film/edit the stuff for those days before hand, but if I don’t get them up I’m sorry; I’ll try my best. See you soon (hopefully). BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...