Skip to main content

Neutral Nails – Triangle French Tips


Hey dudes. I decided I wanted to do something simple with my nails for the week, but I also wanted to do something different. I have never done a different shape for French tips and I have a bunch of nail stickers, so why not use them. I believe the brand of nail stickers I used is kiss. I don’t really remember though and I don’t have the outside packaging anymore.

The polishes I used were Revlon’s Base + Top Coat, Sally Hansen’s Diamond Strength polish in “Ballet Bare” (#3227) and Insta-Dri polish “Sand Storm” (#113).

To start I used the diamond strength polish as a base on my nail. It originally came with a French manicure set, so it is perfect for these designs. Only adding one coat makes it very subtle and natural looking which is perfect. However, you can see that my nails are stained from years of nail painting; just ignore that. Next, I used the nail stickers to create the French tip. Depending on where you place the sticker changes the width blah blah you know the drill. “Sand Storm” is a really nice tan polish, so that it the one I chose to use, but you can use whatever color you like. I also see a lot of people use two colors which is also cool. Do that and tweet me pictures. Wait ten seconds after applying the polish before taking the sticker off. I wouldn’t wait for the polish to dry completely because sometimes the sticker will take the polish with it and I don’t trust them. Add a top coat and you are done.

I hope you like this simple design. Let me know if you have anything in particular you want me to do. I just thought of something that I might do next... we'll see. See you soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...