Skip to main content

Formula X - First Impressions



Hey guys! For Christmas this year my friend Dani kindly gifted me a set of Formula X polishes and I decided to do a review of each for you. Since this is my first time using this brand as well this will be my first impressions. I have heard many good things about them, so I was pretty excited to test them out.


The four polishes that came in the Happy Hour set were “Perfection”, “Atomic”, “Love Chemistry”, and “Fine Like Einstein”. They came in a cute little case, which you can see above. All of the bottles are 3 mL or 0.1 fluid ounces.

First up, is “Perfection” which is a medium beige color with slight purple tones. It is a very pretty neutral color that is perfect for every day wear. The polish went on very smoothly and it took 2-3 coats (I can’t really remember tbh). I had this polish on for about a week and it had minimal chipping. When I went to remove the polish it was so easy, I was very impressed. There was no scrubbing or stains. This polish is a solid 9/10.

The other solid color is “Atomic” which is a very deep red. I really like this color and it might be my favorite out of the four. I just really like red polishes, so it’s perfect for me. I used 2 coats for this one and it was just as good as the beige. The formula was nice and this polish, surprisingly, didn’t stain either. It came off just as easily as the beige as well, which honestly, I appreciate. I hate scrubbing to get off stupid solid colors, so the fact that these were that easy is wonderful. 10/10

“Love Chemistry” is the first glitter polish of the pack and it is gold (obvs). The glitter is different sizes and is completely solid when you put it on your nail. In these photos “Atomic” is actually underneath this polish because I automatically assumed this was a polish that you put over another, but it wasn’t. I was surprised, but glad that I could use it on its own. When I took this polish off, it was a bit harder, however, that’s expected for a glitter polish. 10/10 

Finally, the other glitter polish is “Fine Like Einstein”. First off, I love this name so this polish gets automatic points. This is a mainly pink glitter polish with some specks of a silver glitter that changes color in the light, as glitter does. All the pieces are the same size, so it is very subtle, but pretty nonetheless. This one is for putting over other colors, but I swatched it on it’s own (ignore my stained nail). Removing this polish was fairly easy, I’m guessing it’s because of the glitter being so small. I give this one a 9/10.

Overall, this set is really nice. It is a perfect gift for any occasion and all the polishes were top quality. I’m not sure how much these cost (it slips my mind), but I recommend these for anyone who likes to do their nails. Can you only get these at Sephora?? I honestly don’t know.  Overall rating is 9.5/10. 

I hope you guys liked this and found it helpful. If you have any suggestions for what you want to see in the future, please let me know. My Pinterest boards only get me so far. Also, follow me on Pinterest. Link in my About Me section lol.See you next time :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...