Skip to main content

Pumpkin Muffins


Hello everyone! For this blog post I thought I would do a recipe that I have been making a lot recently ok I've made it twice and that is pumpkin muffins. It isn’t my own recipe, but I have made some changes to it, and since I like them so much I just had to post about them.

Ingredients:
-1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
-A pinch of salt
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
-3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
-1/3 cup coconut oil or canola oil
-1/4 cup milk
-1 tablespoon vanilla extract

After you’ve gathered all your ingredients, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, whisk the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt) in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (both sugars, pumpkin puree, oil, milk, and vanilla). Mix everything together and you have your batter. Grease your muffin tin, add the batter (no 3/4ths of the way full crap, just use the batter up and everything will be ok), and let your muffins bake for around 11 minutes. 

When your muffins are done you will need to let them cool for a bit; basically until they are cool enough to hold in your hands and you won't be burned. While you’re waiting you can make the cinnamon sugar mixture, which is just 1/3 cup of sugar and a teaspoon or so of cinnamon. You most likely won’t need all of this, but just mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bag and you can save the extra for another time. To coat your muffins, place them, one to two at a time, in the bag with the coating, seal the bag, and shake lightly until they are coated. That’s it! You have pumpkin muffins that you can feed to all your friends or eat them all yourself! 

The original recipe needed other ingredients, like molasses, but I have learned that sometimes you can improvise or leave stuff out and it will be ok. Also, the first time I made these I used coconut oil and this time I used regular oil. It turns out fine either way, but I feel like the coconut gave it a better flavor. I will leave the original recipe below (I’d like to do it properly sometime) and if you’d like to see more recipes let me know. I will have another blog post on Wednesday and many more to come. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...