Skip to main content

Nail Strips Are Revolutionary

Hello everyone! For Christmas I received these nail strips by Sally Hansen Salon Effects and I thought that I might as well try them out. I have never used nail strips before because I always felt like it was cheating; I like to do things myself. However, my opinion has changed because these things are great lol. Before I forget, the nail polish I used for the rest of my nails was Essie’s “Licorice” (#720).

I have always wanted to do my nails like this (with the cursive writing), but I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do it by hand. As I said, I was always hesitant to use nail strips and I never knew if they were worth buying. Turns out they are worth buying and I’m just crazy. They are so convenient and they last (as long as I need them to anyway) and there are a lot of designs to choose from.
The nail strips by Sally Hansen come with 16 nail polish strips in different sizes and I guarantee that there will be one that’s the right size for you (unless your nails are baby tiny then it might be a bit more difficult) . You could do all your nails or you could just do one and either way it will look flawless. The kit also comes with a cuticle stick, mini file, and buffer. If you follow the instructions, these are very easy to apply. I messed up on my first try, but I figured it out after that and now it is really simple, so don’t worry if you mess up the first time. 

So to recap, I really like these nail strips. If you don’t have a lot of time to waste waiting for nail polish to dry or you don’t have the supplies you need to do a complex design then these are perfect for you. They are fast, easy to apply, and they look great. I can’t tell you how long they last since I redo my nails so often, but if you have experience with these please comment and share it with me. That’s all for now, but I will be back Sunday. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...