Skip to main content

Formula X - First Impressions



Hey guys! For Christmas this year my friend Dani kindly gifted me a set of Formula X polishes and I decided to do a review of each for you. Since this is my first time using this brand as well this will be my first impressions. I have heard many good things about them, so I was pretty excited to test them out.


The four polishes that came in the Happy Hour set were “Perfection”, “Atomic”, “Love Chemistry”, and “Fine Like Einstein”. They came in a cute little case, which you can see above. All of the bottles are 3 mL or 0.1 fluid ounces.

First up, is “Perfection” which is a medium beige color with slight purple tones. It is a very pretty neutral color that is perfect for every day wear. The polish went on very smoothly and it took 2-3 coats (I can’t really remember tbh). I had this polish on for about a week and it had minimal chipping. When I went to remove the polish it was so easy, I was very impressed. There was no scrubbing or stains. This polish is a solid 9/10.

The other solid color is “Atomic” which is a very deep red. I really like this color and it might be my favorite out of the four. I just really like red polishes, so it’s perfect for me. I used 2 coats for this one and it was just as good as the beige. The formula was nice and this polish, surprisingly, didn’t stain either. It came off just as easily as the beige as well, which honestly, I appreciate. I hate scrubbing to get off stupid solid colors, so the fact that these were that easy is wonderful. 10/10

“Love Chemistry” is the first glitter polish of the pack and it is gold (obvs). The glitter is different sizes and is completely solid when you put it on your nail. In these photos “Atomic” is actually underneath this polish because I automatically assumed this was a polish that you put over another, but it wasn’t. I was surprised, but glad that I could use it on its own. When I took this polish off, it was a bit harder, however, that’s expected for a glitter polish. 10/10 

Finally, the other glitter polish is “Fine Like Einstein”. First off, I love this name so this polish gets automatic points. This is a mainly pink glitter polish with some specks of a silver glitter that changes color in the light, as glitter does. All the pieces are the same size, so it is very subtle, but pretty nonetheless. This one is for putting over other colors, but I swatched it on it’s own (ignore my stained nail). Removing this polish was fairly easy, I’m guessing it’s because of the glitter being so small. I give this one a 9/10.

Overall, this set is really nice. It is a perfect gift for any occasion and all the polishes were top quality. I’m not sure how much these cost (it slips my mind), but I recommend these for anyone who likes to do their nails. Can you only get these at Sephora?? I honestly don’t know.  Overall rating is 9.5/10. 

I hope you guys liked this and found it helpful. If you have any suggestions for what you want to see in the future, please let me know. My Pinterest boards only get me so far. Also, follow me on Pinterest. Link in my About Me section lol.See you next time :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.A. Colors Color Last - First Impressions

Hey everybody! So I was walking around my local Walmart about 2 weeks ago and I came across a new display of nail polish for L.A. Colors Color Last nail polish. The polishes went for 2 dollars (I think anyway they were pretty cheap) and they claimed to last up to 10 days with the top coat. I decided I’d test that out because why not buy more nail polish that will inevitably dry out and be wasted, whatever. So that is what this blog post is for; I’ll be giving you my first impressions of both the actual polish and the top coat itself.  The color I chose is called “Friendship” and it’s a neutral purple color with slight pink tones. It also has this weird glitter that you can only see when it’s wet or if you have eagle eyes. Anyway, it is a nice color (I used 2 coats) but I had a few problems with application. This particular polish did NOT go on smoothly at all and it looked really rough on its own. I contemplated testing the polish without the top coat on one hand for a bett

Dan and Phil TATINOF Nails

Hello! It’s been forever hasn’t it, but today I have a very special nail design to share with you guys. I am meeting Dan and Phil as of tomorrow and in order to celebrate the occasion I did some nail designs inspired by them (and with the help of Pinterest obvs). I used a lot of nail polishes for this so I am just going to make a huge list below. Nail polishes used:  On all nails - Revlon Base + Top Coat, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Get Mod” (#789) On my thumb-   Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Pink Tank” (#220), Insta-Dri “In Record Lime” (#50), Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Opi “Primarily Yellow”, and Insta-Dri “Rapid Red” (#280).  On my index finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Candie’s “Concrete Jungle” (#2191), and Wet n Wild “Tough Girl” (#34206). On my middle finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Insta-Dri “Sand Storm” (#113), Essie “Mink Muffs” (#624), Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, and Miracle Gel “P

Hello 2017

2016 has finally ended ( finally ) and now it's time for a fresh start. I've been looking at old photos and trying to remember all of the good stuff that has happened in the pile of garbage that was the past year. I posted a whole sappy caption on my personal Instagram ( x ) and then I started thinking... What are my plans for this year? I haven't thought about it at all; I didn't even think 2016 was ever going to be over. However, I think I have some goals. First I want to look at my 2016 Best Nine from my nail Instagram ( x ) Apparently I only posted 19 photos this year yikes. Sorry that that happened I kind of feel bad about it. I really love my blog and I want to do A LOT more with it. I'll talk about that in a second though because next I want to restate my goals for 2016 that I wrote. Goals for 2016 1.       Study: I slacked off this first semester with my school work and I think I could have done better. I really want to try this semester and next