Skip to main content

Dan and Phil TATINOF Nails


Hello! It’s been forever hasn’t it, but today I have a very special nail design to share with you guys. I am meeting Dan and Phil as of tomorrow and in order to celebrate the occasion I did some nail designs inspired by them (and with the help of Pinterest obvs). I used a lot of nail polishes for this so I am just going to make a huge list below.


Nail polishes used: 

On all nails- Revlon Base + Top Coat, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Get Mod” (#789)

On my thumb-  Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Pink Tank” (#220), Insta-Dri “In Record Lime” (#50), Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Opi “Primarily Yellow”, and Insta-Dri “Rapid Red” (#280). 

On my index finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Candie’s “Concrete Jungle” (#2191), and Wet n Wild “Tough Girl” (#34206).
On my middle finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Insta-Dri “Sand Storm” (#113), Essie “Mink Muffs” (#624), Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, and Miracle Gel “Pink Tank” (#220).
On my ring finger- Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, Insta-Dri “Blue-Away” (#425), “Lively Lilac” (#420), “Lickety-Split Lime” (#450), “In Record Lime” (#50), “Jade Jump”(#450), and “Mint Sprint” (#440).
On my pinky- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360)

Now I’ll walk you through how I did each design which, in total, these took me a couple hours to do because I had to wait for stuff to dry and messed up a LOT. It isn’t that complicated it just takes a steady hand and small brushes.
For all of my nails I started with a base coat to protect my nail and then two coats of white polish. For my pinky I did a simple cat whisker design in black using a small brush to draw it on. That was the easiest nail to do lol. I also did this design on the pinky and thumb of my other hand.
For the index and ring fingers I decided to do Dan and Phil’s bed covers which were a bit more difficult (especially Phil’s omg so many colors). What I did was I chose one color and drew 3 vertical lines and 4 horizontal lines that way I would have a guide line of where to put the colors. I did this using a long skinny paint brush btw. Then I just googled reference pictures and put the closest colors I had within the guidelines. I definitely recommend doing a guide rather than free handing the colors.
For the middle finger I decided to go with the Dan and Phil emoji that was used for their twitter hashtag during the Brits. I had a screenshot of it on my computer so I just stared at it and tried my best lol. That’s all you can do really. I outlined everything in my dark brown first (using a skinny brush) and then drew the hair, filled in the skin color, drew the mouth, and used a bobby pin to dot the eyes. After I finished the design I noticed there was a lot of space left so I added D+P underneath in black.
For the final design I decided to write The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire in the same colors as the book cover. This was by far the hardest one to do and I messed up so many times; I almost gave up. Basically all you have to do is write it but it takes full concentration and you have to make sure not to make the words to big.
After all the design were done I cleaned up my nails then waited a whole day before adding the top coat because I really didn’t want to risk the polish bleeding and ruining everything. I filmed this whole thing so expect a video on my YouTube channel (if it’s not up already). Also if you haven’t seen my last video, which is also Dan and Phil related, then watch that because it’s fun. I’ll make sure to write a blog post about the tour and my experience and possibly other blog posts will be coming in the future. I hope you enjoyed this design :) BYE

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

L.A. Colors Color Last - First Impressions

Hey everybody! So I was walking around my local Walmart about 2 weeks ago and I came across a new display of nail polish for L.A. Colors Color Last nail polish. The polishes went for 2 dollars (I think anyway they were pretty cheap) and they claimed to last up to 10 days with the top coat. I decided I’d test that out because why not buy more nail polish that will inevitably dry out and be wasted, whatever. So that is what this blog post is for; I’ll be giving you my first impressions of both the actual polish and the top coat itself.  The color I chose is called “Friendship” and it’s a neutral purple color with slight pink tones. It also has this weird glitter that you can only see when it’s wet or if you have eagle eyes. Anyway, it is a nice color (I used 2 coats) but I had a few problems with application. This particular polish did NOT go on smoothly at all and it looked really rough on its own. I contemplated testing the polish without the top coat on one hand for a bett

Hello 2017

2016 has finally ended ( finally ) and now it's time for a fresh start. I've been looking at old photos and trying to remember all of the good stuff that has happened in the pile of garbage that was the past year. I posted a whole sappy caption on my personal Instagram ( x ) and then I started thinking... What are my plans for this year? I haven't thought about it at all; I didn't even think 2016 was ever going to be over. However, I think I have some goals. First I want to look at my 2016 Best Nine from my nail Instagram ( x ) Apparently I only posted 19 photos this year yikes. Sorry that that happened I kind of feel bad about it. I really love my blog and I want to do A LOT more with it. I'll talk about that in a second though because next I want to restate my goals for 2016 that I wrote. Goals for 2016 1.       Study: I slacked off this first semester with my school work and I think I could have done better. I really want to try this semester and next