Skip to main content

Leopard Nails


Hello everyone! I decided to use some of my new polishes to create a leopard design, which I have wanted to try for a long time. Since most of the newer polishes I received are neutral browns/golds I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. Here’s what you’ll need.

The polishes I used were the Orly shades “Buried Treasure” (#20181) and “Sea Gurl” (#20748), and Finger Paint shades “You’re Kiln Me” (#806504) and “Abstract Attraction” (#806862). I also used Sally Hansen’s No Chip Top Coat and a gold stud from SHANY's Nail Art Decoration Kit.

I started with my gold base, which required two coats. Next, I used “Sea Gurl” to dot on a few… blobs, they’re just blobs lol, onto my nail. Basically, it just looks like a leopard spots (that’s the point). Next, I used my darker brown color to outline the blobs and define the spots; I added a bit of glitter to bring them out even more. Finally, I put a dab of clear polish on my ring finger and added a gold stud (completely optional). Add a top coat over everything and it’s done!

I hope you all like this design. I think it turned out pretty well and you can totally change up the colors if you want or just keep it simple. It just sucks that no one got to see them because the snow hit us HARD. We missed a whole week of school, which I simultaneously love and hate. Anyway, I uploaded a video tutorial for this design which you can watch here. I'll see you soon! BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...