Skip to main content

Cupid’s Bow & Arrow Nails


Hello everyone! For my last Valentine's design I decided to stop stealing ideas off of my Pinterest board and try to come up with something on my own. I haven’t seen a design like this yet (that doesn’t mean there isn’t one though), so I’d like to present you with Cupid’s bow and arrow nails!
The colors I used for this design were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Pink Blink” (#205) and “Rapid Red” (#280), and Essie’s “Mink Muffs” (#624).  I also used a nail art brush and a nail dotter.

To start off I painted my nails with “Pink Blink”. The color is beautiful, but since the polish is so old it took 3 coats lol; I need to buy a new one. I did a review of this polish last February which you can view here (I sucked at reviews back then gosh). Anyway, using my medium brown polish I painted a bow on my thumb nail. Make sure you paint it in the direction I did that way it will be aimed the right way. Using a skinny nail art brush I then painted an arrow across 3 of my nails. Try to line up the lines on each nail so it will match up when you put your fingers together. Finally, using my red I dotted a heart on my pinky nail.

I hope you all liked this design! If you want to watch the video tutorial you can click here. I’m going to try to upload a birthday vlog on Sunday and if I don’t you can slap me not really. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!! BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...