Skip to main content

Snowman Nails


Hello everyone! Christmas is fast approaching and I couldn’t avoid doing a snowman nail design. I also got some cute polishes from my friends for Christmas and I know I have some more in my stocking, so make sure you check my nail polish inventory sometime after Christmas. Anyway, here’s what you’ll need.

The polishes I used for this design were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Blue-Away” (#425), “Pronto Purple” (#360), and “Man-go Team!” (#30), Xtreme Wear shades in “Black Out” (#28) and “White On” (#300), Revlon’s “Stunning” (#340), and Blackheart Beauty’s Sky Blue Polish from Hot Topic. A nail dotter and sponge would also be useful.

Since this is a gradient design, you want to start with a white base coat and let that dry. Next, paint a stripe of the darker blue on the sponge, followed by a stripe of light blue right under it, and finally a stripe of white. Pat the sponge onto your nail with the dark blue by your cuticle. You may have to do this two or three times to make it opaque. After this dried, I decided I would add a snowman to just my ring finger nail (you can do multiple if you want or choose a different finger). I used white polish and a dotter to make the three parts of the snowman. I used to smaller dotter to add black eyes, a coal mouth, buttons, a carrot nose, and a purple hat/scarf. For the final touch, I put a glitter polish over all my nails.
  
That’s it! I have 2 more designs left, which I think I may combine into one, but I’ll still post twice before Christmas, so don’t worry. A video will go up tomorrow, so when that shows up click here. See you soon! BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...