Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Nails


 Hello everyone! Today is Thanksgiving and I figured I should do a festive nail design since I skipped the whole month of November on my blog last year. I decided to go for the classic turkey.

The colors I used were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Sand Storm” (#113) and “Lightening” (#280), Triple Shine shade in “Taheati” (#620), Xtreme Wear shades in “White On” (#300) and “Black Out” (#28), Essie “Mink Muffs” (#624), and a random Markwins International polish I stole from my mom’s bathroom because I couldn’t find my red polish anywhere. 

I started with the tan base color on all my nails. For the thumb I took dark brown to make the turkey’s body using a nail art brush. The body is just a semi-circle with a small circle above it. I then used a dotter to add two white circles for eyes and a smaller dotter for the black pupils. I used a thin nail art brush for the orange beak. The multi-colored feathers where added behind the turkey’s body to represent its tail.

For the rest of my nails I added feather shapes, 2 on each nail except for the pinky. I thought this would be cool because it creates the illusion that the turkey feathers have shredded (is that the word you would use) and are flying off of him. It’s not perfect, mostly because I was holding my hand in the air instead of resting it on a table, but it’s still pretty cute.

Thanks for reading my blogpost and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving spent with family and friends. Make sure you keep checking my blog because Christmas tutorials are coming soon. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...