Skip to main content

Spider Web Nails

Hello everyone! This week I created spooky spider webs on my nails and I’m going to show you how it’s done.

The colors I used for this tutorial were Revlon’s Top Speed “Black Star” (#880), “Stunning” (#340), and Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear in “White On” (#300). You will also need a skinny nail art brush and a dotter.

I started with my black base color. I chose this Revlon polish because it is not as harsh of a color; it looks a bit more shimmery and fun. On my index and pinky fingers, I made spider webs by painting diagonal lines coming from the top right of my nail and then drawing curved lines between them. On my ring finger I added a spider using a dotter to make the body and a nail art brush to make the legs and wed coming from it. I drew the string coming from the spider in my perspective, but it’d be best if you connected the string to your cuticle (do it right basically lol). Finally, I used glitter over the remaining nails and a top coat on all my nails.

This is my final Halloween tutorial for October 2014. I hope you enjoyed all the fun designs and are excited to see what the rest of the year holds. I will be taking a break this week as far as my nail designs go, but I’ll be back soon. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...