Skip to main content

Tribal Nails



Hello everyone! My name is Rachel and I have moved from totesperfnails.wordpress.com. I’m trying to catch up with blog posts because I want to post about my nails when I actually do them, not 4 weeks later. However, Wordpress refuses to let me upload anything and I've been wanting to expand my blog and do more with it so I moved. Anyway, these are my tribal nails and I’ll show you how it’s done!

The polishes I used were Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear “White On” (#300) and “Black Out” (#28), Insta-Dri “Mint Sprint” (#440), “Jade Jump” (#450), and “Lightening” (#280), and Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Base & Top Coat.

I started with a white base coat. I let it dry for a while because gradient styles work best with COMPLETELY DRY nails. I recently learned that putting a clear coat overtop makes it work even better. After your white base coat, you will need a sponge. Wedges work better but all I had at the time was a round makeup sponge; use whatever you have available. Paint your colors on the sponge and pat the sponge on your nail. You’ll need to do it more than once to make the polish opaque. Now all you have to do is clean off the excess polish (easier said than done lol). 

For the design you can basically do whatever you want. Paint straight lines, jagged lines, dots, add more color or got all black. You can choose what you think looks best and have fun with it. Add another clear coat and it’s complete! I think this is a great nail look for summer. That’s all for now (sad face). I will post a lot this next week to get caught up for my 4thof July nail tutorial.BYYEEE

Oh btw since I have moved, if you are new here, I have an Instagram @totesperfnails and I have already posted about this design on there. So check it out and follow me if you'd like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...