Skip to main content

Ombre, Lily Manicure

Hey guys! I know it's been a while, but I have had ZERO clue of what designs to do and I've been doing solid colors all summer. However, last night I decided to practice making my own nail stickers and they turned out super well. I went with two types of lilies, white lilies and purple/white lilies, and decided to put them on a two-toned ombre.

For the "stickers" I started with a piece of parchment paper and a clear polish. With the polish I painted 10 rectangles which I would be painting my designs over. I ended up trimming my stickers down to size later so don't worry if the base is a bit too big. After about a minute I began painting my designs over top of the rectangles making sure they weren't too big for my nail beds. I looked at a picture of a lily for reference and then just went for it. I started with the white petals, added the center color, added thin green lines with a nail art brush for stems in the center and finally the brown dots on the stems.

You can do the flowers however you want and you can also make more than just one per nail; whatever suits your fancy. After the designs were dry I did one final layer of clear coat and ended up waiting over night for them to dry (because it was late). When the stickers are ready they will start peeling of the parchment paper on their own and they should be very easy to remove.

As I said I went with an ombre background, using a sponge to apply the colors onto my nails. When the base was dry I put a bit of clear polish on my nail before placing the sticker on so that it would stay in place. I added a few dots around my nail to fill up the space and then added a good layer of top coat over the whole nail for a smooth appearance.

I really like how this look turned out. I hope to do more complex designs in the future using this neat trick. If you have any suggestions let me know. I'm going to put the polishes I used for this design down below and I'll see you "soon" ;)

Nail base - Revlon's Base + Top Coat, Miracle Gel "Get Mod" (#789), Insta-Dri "Jade Jump" (#450) and "Mint Sprint" (#440), Sally Hansen's Dries Instantly Top Coat.

Lilies - Miracle Gel "Get Mod" (#789), Opi Nail Lacquer “Primarily Yellow”, Insta-Dri "Lively Lilac" (#420), "Vigorous Violet" (#365) and "Lickety-Split Lime" (#450), and Finger Paints You’re Kiln Me (#806504). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.A. Colors Color Last - First Impressions

Hey everybody! So I was walking around my local Walmart about 2 weeks ago and I came across a new display of nail polish for L.A. Colors Color Last nail polish. The polishes went for 2 dollars (I think anyway they were pretty cheap) and they claimed to last up to 10 days with the top coat. I decided I’d test that out because why not buy more nail polish that will inevitably dry out and be wasted, whatever. So that is what this blog post is for; I’ll be giving you my first impressions of both the actual polish and the top coat itself.  The color I chose is called “Friendship” and it’s a neutral purple color with slight pink tones. It also has this weird glitter that you can only see when it’s wet or if you have eagle eyes. Anyway, it is a nice color (I used 2 coats) but I had a few problems with application. This particular polish did NOT go on smoothly at all and it looked really rough on its own. I contemplated testing the polish without the top coat on one hand for a bett

Dan and Phil TATINOF Nails

Hello! It’s been forever hasn’t it, but today I have a very special nail design to share with you guys. I am meeting Dan and Phil as of tomorrow and in order to celebrate the occasion I did some nail designs inspired by them (and with the help of Pinterest obvs). I used a lot of nail polishes for this so I am just going to make a huge list below. Nail polishes used:  On all nails - Revlon Base + Top Coat, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Get Mod” (#789) On my thumb-   Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Pink Tank” (#220), Insta-Dri “In Record Lime” (#50), Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Opi “Primarily Yellow”, and Insta-Dri “Rapid Red” (#280).  On my index finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Candie’s “Concrete Jungle” (#2191), and Wet n Wild “Tough Girl” (#34206). On my middle finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Insta-Dri “Sand Storm” (#113), Essie “Mink Muffs” (#624), Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, and Miracle Gel “P

Hello 2017

2016 has finally ended ( finally ) and now it's time for a fresh start. I've been looking at old photos and trying to remember all of the good stuff that has happened in the pile of garbage that was the past year. I posted a whole sappy caption on my personal Instagram ( x ) and then I started thinking... What are my plans for this year? I haven't thought about it at all; I didn't even think 2016 was ever going to be over. However, I think I have some goals. First I want to look at my 2016 Best Nine from my nail Instagram ( x ) Apparently I only posted 19 photos this year yikes. Sorry that that happened I kind of feel bad about it. I really love my blog and I want to do A LOT more with it. I'll talk about that in a second though because next I want to restate my goals for 2016 that I wrote. Goals for 2016 1.       Study: I slacked off this first semester with my school work and I think I could have done better. I really want to try this semester and next