Skip to main content

Bare Minerals Makeup Haul/Review


 So, recently my mom purchased me a 30 day starter kit from Bare Minerals in light for warm/neutral skin tones. It comes with a cute travel sized primer, foundation, concealer, finishing powder, and two brushes.


The primer is a clear gel that you put a light coat of all over your face and it’s supposed to remove excess oils or dry flakes. I wasn’t expecting it to be clear, I thought it would look like lotion or something (I don’t usually use primer lol). I actually like the primer; it glides on smoothly and I feel like it works quite well. Then again, I don’t really have oily/dry skin so I’m not sure what it would be like if you did. However, I have noticed it does make the makeup stay on longer, which is good.


Next, is the powder foundation. I am used to using liquid foundation, but I was pleasantly surprised with this. I didn’t expect it to have the amount of coverage that it did and, just like the infomercial, the more you buff the more coverage you get. It lasted the whole day (even with me resting my hand on my face while I was bored in class lol). It is light and looks natural. 


I have to add though, the two brushes that this kit came with I don’t really like. I find the foundation brush a bit rough and scratchy. My mom said it was fine though so maybe my skin is just sensitive. The other brush was a concealer brush which is great for applying under the eyes and I like it, but you can’t blend with it easily which I find a waste. I’d rather just use my finger lol.


Speaking of concealer, the powder that comes in this kit works fine, covers well, etc. However, I am not used to the powder concealer and it just isn’t for me. I prefer a liquid type concealer because I feel like they cover more. That is why we also purchased the Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer in Light 2 lol. It’s definitely more my style.

There isn’t much to say about the finishing powder except that it works… it’s not that exciting lol.


I also got one more thing from Bare Minerals and that was mascara. The flawless definition mascara in the color black (so creative) is really great. It has a skinny brush which is good for both top and bottom lashes and it spreads nicely. I’ve really been needed a new mascara and I really like this one.

I’ve only been using these products for a week, but so far I like them. I wanted some makeup that would be less harmful for my skin and Bare Minerals is a well known brand that doesn’t include harsh chemicals. I may just convert to this powder foundation lol. That’s all for this week (sorry there’s no video), but I’ll see you next Sunday.  BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.A. Colors Color Last - First Impressions

Hey everybody! So I was walking around my local Walmart about 2 weeks ago and I came across a new display of nail polish for L.A. Colors Color Last nail polish. The polishes went for 2 dollars (I think anyway they were pretty cheap) and they claimed to last up to 10 days with the top coat. I decided I’d test that out because why not buy more nail polish that will inevitably dry out and be wasted, whatever. So that is what this blog post is for; I’ll be giving you my first impressions of both the actual polish and the top coat itself.  The color I chose is called “Friendship” and it’s a neutral purple color with slight pink tones. It also has this weird glitter that you can only see when it’s wet or if you have eagle eyes. Anyway, it is a nice color (I used 2 coats) but I had a few problems with application. This particular polish did NOT go on smoothly at all and it looked really rough on its own. I contemplated testing the polish without the top coat on one hand for a bett

Dan and Phil TATINOF Nails

Hello! It’s been forever hasn’t it, but today I have a very special nail design to share with you guys. I am meeting Dan and Phil as of tomorrow and in order to celebrate the occasion I did some nail designs inspired by them (and with the help of Pinterest obvs). I used a lot of nail polishes for this so I am just going to make a huge list below. Nail polishes used:  On all nails - Revlon Base + Top Coat, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Get Mod” (#789) On my thumb-   Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel “Pink Tank” (#220), Insta-Dri “In Record Lime” (#50), Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Opi “Primarily Yellow”, and Insta-Dri “Rapid Red” (#280).  On my index finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Candie’s “Concrete Jungle” (#2191), and Wet n Wild “Tough Girl” (#34206). On my middle finger- Insta-Dri “Black to Black” (#360), Insta-Dri “Sand Storm” (#113), Essie “Mink Muffs” (#624), Blackheart Beauty “Deep Sky Blue”, and Miracle Gel “P

Hello 2017

2016 has finally ended ( finally ) and now it's time for a fresh start. I've been looking at old photos and trying to remember all of the good stuff that has happened in the pile of garbage that was the past year. I posted a whole sappy caption on my personal Instagram ( x ) and then I started thinking... What are my plans for this year? I haven't thought about it at all; I didn't even think 2016 was ever going to be over. However, I think I have some goals. First I want to look at my 2016 Best Nine from my nail Instagram ( x ) Apparently I only posted 19 photos this year yikes. Sorry that that happened I kind of feel bad about it. I really love my blog and I want to do A LOT more with it. I'll talk about that in a second though because next I want to restate my goals for 2016 that I wrote. Goals for 2016 1.       Study: I slacked off this first semester with my school work and I think I could have done better. I really want to try this semester and next