Skip to main content

Beach Nails

Hello everyone! I'm going to the beach in a couple days so I decided to do a beach inspired nail design. I attempted to do that marble effect where you use like hairspray or whatever, but I couldn't get it to work. If you have any tips for that let me know.

The polishes I used for this design were NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), Sally Hansen's "Sand Storm" (#113), "Blue-Away" (#425), and "Snappy Sorbet" (#460", Triple Shine "Reef-Raf" (#210), and Blackheart Beauty's “Deep Sky Blue”. I also used a nail dotter, makeup sponge, and the Dries Instantly Top Coat by Sally Hansen.

For the ombre I started with a white base coat and let that dry. Then using a makeup sponge I added a generous amount of my three colors and dabbed that on my nails. I always do that more than once for the right opacity. As an added touch I painted a starfish on my index finger using a nail dotter to make the star shape.

I hope you guys like this design. Sorry that there's no video, but I just couldn't be bothered to get out of my comfy chair. Also, sorry for the insane amount of ombre designs lately, but I just think they're really fun. Adios! BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...