Skip to main content

E.L.F. Nail Polish Review

Ignore my crappy cuticles I'm sorry

Hey everyone! A little while ago I was at Big Lots and I was looking at beauty sets. You know the ones that come out around Christmas time and Valentine’s Day, the generic gift sets for people who don’t know a lot about. Well while I was browsing I saw an E.L.F. nail polish set with four polishes for under $3 and I had to buy it because… it was under $3 lol. I’m a spender. Anyway I thought I would do a review of these four polishes for you.


I’m going to start with the color on my pinky finger which is called “Chic Confetti”. This is a really cute glitter that you can wear by itself, as I am, or wear over a solid color. I really love this color combo and the polish itself is pretty great.  It’s pretty hard to mess up glitter tbh. I even got a compliment on this one finger nail lol. It stands out.

The color on my ring finger is called “Pot of Gold” and it is just a classic gold color. I’m a fan of this for sure and I really have no complaints about it. This picture was taken over a week after I put this polish on and there was no chipping. This is also the polish without a top coat so I’d say that this is a pretty decent polish.

The color on my middle finger is called “Smokin Hot” and it is just a solid bright red color. While, as I’ve expressed before, I love red nails this polish isn’t that great. I mean the color is good and it goes on well and it didn’t stain my nails too terribly, however it did chip quite a bit. I’m sure if I used a top coat it would have been better, but sometimes I’m just too lazy and I have other red polishes that don’t need it to stay on. I’d say this color is pretty average. I’m not mad but I’m not impressed.

And finally on my index finger is the same gold except I added the Matte Finisher. Now this polish does not freaking work. It’s the worst matte top coat I’ve ever come across in my life lol. I put it on my thumb nail with the red polish too and there’s almost no difference. It’s kind of pointless. Sorry E.L.F. but you need to work on that formula.

Overall I’d give this set a 3.5 out of 5. The gold and glitter polishes are totally cool, the red is ok, and the matte one sucks. I think that $3 is a fair price for what you get, I’d maybe even pay a little more considering how much normal bottles of polish cost just for one color. If you come across this set and you want to get it, I’d say go for it. 

I hope this was helpful. I know that I have been gone again, but I’m doing Vedim (video every day in March) on my YouTube channel if you want to go check that out. There’s no video today because I literally have no time, but that’s why I scheduled this post lol.  See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...