Skip to main content

Sideways French Manicure


Hello everyone!! Tomorrow I am officially graduating high school!! It is a known fact that for graduation you have to dress up nicely (and then immediately cover that up by your gown) and I found a really nice dress during a Mother’s Day sale at JC Penny’s that I thought would be perfect for the occasion. Inserting the photo…. NOW! 

I needed a matching manicure so I decided to do a simple sideways French manicure using a couple colors that were in the dress. 

The polishes I used were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri shades in “Co-Balt Blue” (#320) and “Brisk Blue” (#430). I used my usual Base + Top Coat by Revlon (#965) and for the manicure effect I used PERFECT tips by Nailene. 

This is a pretty simple design. I started with the darker blue as my base color (it’s an old polish I really need a new one) and let that dry. Next I put the stickers close to the side of my nail leaving space for the color to show and painted on my light blue. I usually wait 10 seconds before I peel off the stickers so that the polish does not splatter or spread anywhere. Add a top coat and voilà!

I’m excited to be graduating, but it’s very bittersweet. I’m making a video about it which will be up next week (between Tuesday and Thursday is my plan). Another reminder, I’m cutting my hair so don’t be too shocked. I’ll talk about that as well. BYYEEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...