Skip to main content

4th of July Nails

Hey guys! So this is the tutorial I have been waiting for. This is my gradient red, white, and blue nail design for the 4th of July. I’ve been seeing a lot of gradient nails this year and I thought this would fit the trends. 

The colors I used for this design were Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri “Rapid Red” (#280) and “Brisk Blue” (#430), Xtreme Wear “White On” (#300), Revlon ”Stunning” (#340), and Sally Hansen’s Base & Top Coat.

For this nail design, you will need a makeup sponge, preferably one with a wedge shape. You will start with a base coat in white and a clear coat on top of the white. This extra clear coat will keep your base on and make the polish extra smooth and easy to work on. Now you will paint your wedge with your red, white, and blue polishes. Pat the sponge on your nails, doing this a couple times to make the polish opaque. Clean around your nails, add your glitter, and you're done! This nails design is fun, easy, and very festive. You can change it to fit your liking and I know everyone will love it.

My very first nail tutorial was actually for the 4th of July last year. I hope this one is even better than that one! Oh and just to clear things up, this is not my regular posting schedule. My regular day is Sunday and now I’m adding a post on Wednesday as well. That’s all for now, but I’ll see you on Sunday! BYYEEE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firework Nails

Hello everyone! If you live in America then tomorrow is an exciting day for you, full of celebration. With that celebration comes amazing fireworks. So, without further a do here are my Independence Day firework nails. The polishes I used were Sally Hansen's "Co-balt Blue" (#320), "Red My Lips" (#470), "Silver Sweep" (#230), and "Grape Shifter" (#423), NYC's "French White Tip" (#134), and Blackheart Beauty's "Deep Sky Blue". I also used a nail dotter to create the fireworks. I started by painting the base colors on my nails, alternating the colors on each finger, and letting that dry. I chose to do my fireworks on the navy blue nails, but you can do them on the red or even on all the nails if you choose. For the fireworks I started with a dot for the center of the firework and added a red star there. Remember, the center of the firework does not have to be in the center of the nail (I only did that on one nai...

Miracle Gel "Game of Chromes" Review

Hello everyone! I recently purchased another nail polish from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel collection called “Game of Chromes” (#510) and I thought I’d write a review for it today. Frist of all, the name is genius. Secondly, lol, the color is gorgeous. It is really shiny and when you move your fingers under the light it kind of looks like it switches between silver and gold, like a hologram or something. It is just a really nice color if you are looking for a solid nail design that isn't super boring. I also really liked the formula of the polish. It went on very smoothly (just like the others from the line did) and it was opaque with one coat. When I used the top coat (which you have to buy separately unless you get a kit and it’s expensive but whatever), it lasted a long time with no chips. It still isn’t chipped and I could keep it on, but I redo my nails every week lol. That is all for today, but you can check out my most recent YouTube video here, or look through...

Miracle Gel Swatches

Hey guys! I know this post is late, but now that school has started back up all I ever do is homework. It's ridiculous I don't do anything anymore (not that I ever did lol). Anyway enough excuses. I did these swatches forever ago, like October of last year, so my memory of these colors are a distant memory. However, I didn't have a post planned so I thought I would show you these. The deep red color is "Wine Stock" (#480). I really like this color and it would be a great holiday nail color. However, because I love red nail polish, especially deep red, I will wear this whenever I want. As every other Miracle Gel polish I own, this is a great polish. I believe this was only one coat as well which is super cool. The other color is "All Chalked Up" (#230) and it is a pastel purple color. This color is very light-hearted and cute looking which I appreciate when it is dreary outside and I get sad. This is also a great Easter color (apparently I l...